The Housing Authority of the City of York sponsors a home ownership program for anyone currently living in Section 8 voucher housing. Under this program, eligible families can purchase a home and receive financial assistance for mortgage payments for up to 15 years. For the elderly/disabled, there are no time limits.
- Must be a York County resident.
- Be a first time homebuyer and not have owned a home in the past three years.
- The applying adult must be employed full time for the past year and have a yearly income of not less than $14,500. (The elderly/disabled do not have to comply with this employment requirement.)
- Not be within the first year of the HAP contract – that means the family must have been in Section 8 housing for a least one year prior to applying for this program.
- Successfully complete the Fist Time Home Buyers Workshop which is sponsored by the Housing Alliance of York.
- Have a good credit standing in order to obtain mortgage financing.
- Have a minimum cash down payment of at least 3% of the purchase price. ($3,000 – $5,000 cash on hand.)
- Attend post homeownership counseling.
For more information on this program, contact Katelyn Love, Section 8 Home Ownership Coordinator at (717) 845-2601, ext. 1301.